Friday, March 4, 2016

Amazing You!!

Hello and Happy International Scrapbooking Day!!

Now to many it wouldn't mean anything but for us crafter's it's a special day!! I know my hubby didn't quite get it when I was creating this LO a bit late at night...lol

There is lots of inspiration throughout the day over at RG's blog using some of the yummy products from his collections. I used some from the  "Lumberjack Days and Make Amazing collection" by Richard Garay.  

This is a photo of my daughter when she was in "Kindergarten"and her teacher got married this day and we were invited to join the ceremony. All the girls had these handmade floral crowns and a rainbow pinwheel :) And I instantly fell in love with the floral dies from the "Lumberjack Days" collection, which is just perfect for this photo!



And here are some step by step:


Die-cut the flowers using a thick white cardstock and arrange onto the page.


I used Journey Gel Medium to adhere them to a 12 by 12 white cardbase. Then I applied Journey Gesso all over the page. Let dry.


I then applied various ink spray mixed with water for the watercolor effect.


Finally, a bit of modelling paste through the FSJ Starburst Lines stencil. Let dry.

Once the background was done, I adhered the photo and some of the patterned papers from the Make Amazing 6 by 6 pad. The sentiment is stamped onto vellum is also from the Make Amazing collection.

You can check the catalog HERE

Supplies:

Journey Gesso
Journey Gel Medium
Stencil: Starburst Lines

Others





No comments: